Head Door Supervisors are responsible for overseeing the deployment and service delivery of their team, in addition to maintaining the safety and security of customers and staff in venues such as pubs, bars, nightclubs and other licensed premises or at public events.
They spend the majority of their time at the venue, at the premises’ entrance, checking the suitability of people coming in and controlling the venue capacity. The Head Door Supervisor will be the main point of contact liaising with venue management, ensuring all members of the team are working in compliance with venue and company protocols.
- Greet visitors to the licensed premises in a friendly and courteous manner
- Ensuring suitability of customers to enter premises including searching, if requested by venue
- Maintain order on the premises
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Scheduling of rotas and completion of timesheets for all Door Supervisors.
- Deal with and manage difficult conflict situations
- Dealing with emergency situations, such as fire/terrorist activities, assisting with the safe evacuation of all staff and visitors
- Reporting and recording details of incidents, searches and patrols
- Experienced Supervisor/Team Leader
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have the highest standards of customer care skills and the ability to present themselves in an extremely professional manner
- Good observation skills, remaining alert to any potential issues
- Have a calm, assertive manner, to diffuse potential conflict situations
- Be able to make decisions in high pressure situations
- Be very flexible and available to work unsocial hours including nights, weekends, days
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB.
Successful candidates will be required to provide:
- Valid SIA License
- Five year employment history including at least 1 year in a supervisory or similar role
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK
- Proof of Address – Utility Bills / Bank Statement covering the previous 3 months