Retail Security Officers ensure that buildings, valuables and people are safe and secure. They act mainly as a visual deterrent to theft, damage and other illegal activities, but may also be responsible for checking all emergency egress are clear, at all times.
They often work in the main entrance/exit area of a retail store, greeting customers on arrival and keeping logs on EAS alarm activation’s or other instore incidents. It is also usually the Retail Security Officers duty to monitor closed circuit television (CCTV) of the store, and report any suspected illegal or criminal activity to the store management and, if required, contact the appropriate authorities.
- Greeting all customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Regular patrols of the store, observing for signs of crime or unusual activities, checking emergency exits are all clear
- Testing EAS gates and equipment in accordance with store policy
- Reporting suspected crime, loss and damage to store management
- Taking accurate notes for reporting and recording details of incidents and patrols and any other paperwork as required
- To take effective action in an emergency, working with emergency services and assisting with the safe evacuation of all staff and customers
- Be reliable and punctual, and present themselves in an extremely professional manner
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good observation skills, remaining alert to any potential issues
- Have a calm, assertive manner, to diffuse potential conflict situations
- Be a team player and very customer orientated
- Be very flexible and available to work unsocial hours including nights, weekends, days
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB
Successful candidates will be required to provide:
- Valid SIA License
- Five year employment history including at least 1 year in a supervisory or similar role
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK
- Proof of Address – Utility Bills / Bank Statement covering the previous 3 months