Despite being unlicensed, Stewards still play an important role in the safety and security of employees and guests at Events and Festivals. Stewards generally carry out a variety of different roles during an event. From checking tickets/gates/wristbands upon entry, monitoring crowd safety, pointing out amenities and general stewarding of the public and guests, Stewards are expected to contribute to, and maintain, a happy and fun atmosphere for all. Stewarding is a great way to gain experience in crowd safety and people management, prior to starting a career in licensed security.
- Greet all visitors to the event or festival in a friendly and courteous manner
- Ensuring suitability of customers to enter premises including searching, where required
- Good observation skills, remaining alert to any potential issues
- Site perimeter patrolling, egress control and crowd management
- Maintaining order on the premises, reporting anti-social behaviour and any suspicious behaviour
- Dealing with emergency situations, such as fire/terrorist activities, assisting with the safe evacuation of all staff and visitors
- Reporting and recording details of irregularities, incidents, and patrols.
- Be reliable and punctual, and present themselves in an extremely professional manner
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have the highest standards of customer care skills
- Be a team player and very customer orientated
- The ability to deal with difficult people in conflict or emergency situations.
- Be very flexible and available to work unsocial hours including nights, weekends, days
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB
Successful candidates will be required to provide:
- Five year employment history
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK
- Proof of Address – Utility Bills / Bank Statement covering the previous 3 month