People protected every week
People protected every week
Elite Security (NW) Ltd
Telephone: 01772 369789
Click on the different category headings to find out more. You can also change some of your preferences. Note that blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience on our websites and the services we are able to offer.
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features.
Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the website, you cannot refuse them without impacting how our site functions. You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings and force blocking all cookies on this website.
These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our website and application for you in order to enhance your experience.
If you do not want that we track your visist to our site you can disable tracking in your browser here:
We also use different external services like Google Webfonts, Google Maps and external Video providers. Since these providers may collect personal data like your IP address we allow you to block them here. Please be aware that this might heavily reduce the functionality and appearance of our site. Changes will take effect once you reload the page.
Google Webfont Settings:
Google Map Settings:
Vimeo and Youtube video embeds:
*What is the purpose of this document?*
The Company is a "data controller". This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. You are being sent a copy of this privacy notice because you are applying for work with us (whether as an employee, worker or contractor). It makes you aware of how and why your personal data will be used, namely for the purposes of the recruitment exercise, and how long it will usually be retained for. It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
*Data protection principles*
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
• Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
• Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
• Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
• Accurate and kept up to date.
• Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
• Kept securely.
*The kind of information we hold about you*
In connection with your application for work with us, we will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
• The information you may have provided to us in your CV, application form and any covering letter • The information you have provided on our application form, including name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, employment history, qualifications, photograph/s, SIA license information
• Any information you provide to us during an interview
We may also collect, store and use the following "special categories" of more sensitive personal information:
• Information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political opinions • Information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records
• Information about criminal convictions and offences
*How is your personal information collected?*
We collect personal information about candidates from the following sources:
• You, the candidate.
• A number of recruitment agencies, from which we collect data including the following categories that you have shared with them for this purpose:
* full name
* telephone number
* email address
* previous employment names of companies and dates
* what job sector and title they are looking for
* when CV was updated
* referee details
• Experian or similar credit reference agency, from which we collect the following categories of data: Credit score, publicly held credit information, previous addresses or linked addresses.
• Your named referees, from whom we collect the following categories of data: confirmation that the information provided by you about your employment history is accurate.
*How we will use information about you*
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
• Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role.
• Communicate with you about the recruitment process.
• Invite you to interview for suitable roles and/or offer you suitable work from time to time
• Keep records related to our hiring processes.
• Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
• Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable.
It is in our legitimate interests to decide whether to appoint you to the role being recruited for since it would be beneficial to our business to appoint someone to that role. We also need to process your personal information to decide whether to enter into a contract of employment with you.
We will process the information provided as part of the recruitment process to decide whether you meet the basic requirements to be shortlisted for the role. If you do, we will decide whether your application is strong enough to invite you for an interview. If we decide to call you for an interview, we will use the information you provide to us at the interview to decide whether to offer you the role. If we decide to offer you the role, we will then take up references and check your SIA license information before confirming your appointment.
*If you fail to provide personal information*
If you fail to provide information when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as evidence of qualifications or work history), we will not be able to process your application successfully. For example, if we require a credit check or references for this role and you fail to provide us with relevant details, we will not be able to take your application further.
*How we use particularly sensitive personal information*
We will use your particularly sensitive personal information in the following ways:
• We will use information about your disability status to consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments during the recruitment process, for example whether adjustments need to be made.
• We will use information about your race or national or ethnic origin, religious, philosophical or moral beliefs, or your sexual life or sexual orientation, to ensure meaningful equal opportunity monitoring and reporting.
*Information about criminal convictions*
We envisage that we will process information about criminal convictions, via your disclosure on your application form.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
_Why might you share my personal information with third parties?_
We will only share your personal information with the following third parties for the purposes of processing your application: IT company. All our third-party service providers and other entities in the group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
_How long will you use my information for?_
We will retain your personal information for a period of 24 months after you have expressed your interest in working for us. We retain your personal information for that period so that we can continue to offer you suitable work opportunities as and when they may become available. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, unless you ‘opt in’ to continue to receive offers of work.
If we wish to retain your personal information on file, on the basis that a further opportunity may arise in future and we may wish to consider you for that, we will contact you separately, seeking your explicit consent to retain your personal information for a fixed period on that basis.
*Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction*
_Your rights in connection with personal information_
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
• Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact our Compliance Manager in writing